The Palazzo Corsini al Parione is a rare example of the flowering of Roman Baroque on Renaissance soil. The palazzo was begun in 1656 and is the work of several architects: Alfonso Parigi the Younger, Ferdinando Tacca, Pier Francesco Silvani and Antonio Maria Ferri.
Construction was completed around 1737, by which time the Corsini had added a pope to the family in the shape of Clement XII (r. 1730-40). The main entrance to the palazzo, which is still partly occupied by members of the Corsini family, lies on Via del Parione.
The Palazzo Corsini houses the greatest private art collection in Florence.